Strong Start for Enrolled Families
We're committed to helping newly enrolled families start strong and thrive throughout the school year. We know what an important decision your child's schooling is, and we're thrilled that you chose our school!
Starting with a new school program can involve big changes, for both you and your student. It takes time to adapt, and there may be challenges, especially in the beginning. As we've done for countless other families, we're here to help ensure a smooth transition for your family. We, along with K12, will work hard to provide the support you need to be successful—all year long.
Joining a K12-powered school program gives you access to a national network of resources as well as to our vibrant school community. One great resource is K12's National Learning Coach University, which offers sessions and videos that provide tips and strategies for new families. The program will also provide orientation sessions and events. And when you need technical assistance, K12's customer support is just a click away.
So ask lots of questions and take advantage of the resources available to you through our school program, K12, and the community of K12 families. Remember, you're not alone.
Additional information will be provided closer to the start of the school year. You'll also find it helpful to view these short videos:
National K12 Family and Student Programming
Families enrolled in K12-powered schools enjoy the benefits of being part of a nationwide community of Learning Coaches, teachers, staff, and students through a variety of virtual programs and resources.
Strong Start Information:
Stride believes that together, we can inspire brilliance every day. We are dedicated to helping all our students reach their potential. We know that starting a new school can involve big changes for families. It takes time to adapt, and there may be challenges. We're here to help ensure a smooth transition, working alongside families and schools to provide the support students and Learning Coaches need to start strong and thrive.
How can you start your year off strong?
- Set up both your Learning Coach and Student Accounts.
- Withdraw your students from previous schools.
- Attend required orientations (synchronous and asynchronous)
- Create a learning space, provide a working computer, and set up consistent and strong internet service for each student.
- Complete Welcome to Online Learning Course. (This can be found on you schedule in you students OLS)
- Attend Advisor Activities
- Get connected with Teachers, Staff, and Students
- Complete MAP Assessments
- Get connected to your Learning Coach Community on the K12App
What can you expect from us?
- Daily instruction using Individualized K12 curriculum
- Experienced, highly qualified Alabama-Certified Teachers
- Online planning and various assessment tools
- Blended curriculum online and offline to include hands-on resources
- A supportive school community with grade level Advisors
- Clear and constant communication
What are you expectations as a Learning Coach?
- Monitor your student attendance. A school day consist of 6 hours a day or 30 hours per week.
- Keep track of course progress requirements.
- Supervise your students and meet course completion expectations.
- Ensure that your students participate in Class Connect Sessions.
- Stay connected with ALVA teachers and staff. Attend and participate in conferences and respond to communication.
There are many opportunities to get involved. Click Events below to see upcoming events. Emails and announcements within the Online School (OLS) are also a great place to learn about ways to connect during the school year.
LIVE WALK TO CLASS SESSIONS
Live Walk to Class sessions help new families transition to online learning through a live, interactive training, and accessible inside the Online School on your “events” schedule. The sessions are designed to help new families prepare for school and include essential start-up information and support, as well as tips and strategies for Learning Coaches across the nation. Live Walk to Class sessions provide Learning Coaches with the opportunity to connect with the larger K12 educational community of families and resources for continued support from your student’s school and K12.
Sessions are offered July through March and are moderated by seasoned Learning Coaches and enrollment champions, who are ready to help as needed.